Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Creating a Succulent Collection: Ordering Succulents Online

   When I decided to dedicate my garden to succulents I wanted to plant as many different succulent plants as I could. To that end, I ordered sixty-four mixed succulents, sort of a "grab bag" of plants, from The Succulent Source. I have a terrible history of this sort of purchase; I think I like the gamble! When my plants arrived however, I had been sent the wrong ones! Instead of a random variety I received eight each of eight types of plants, a "wedding" assortment. Yes, succulents are wedding-trendy! They're used as place card holders/favors.

My first order arrived incorrect.

  I was very determined to get my variety, even willing to go through a return process, and after a few emails the store sent me a mix of thirty plants to make up for the error. My newer new plants were everything I could ask for, and now I had nearly ninety to play with! After sharing some with a friend, I started planting.

My "make up" shipment of 30 plants
  
  As can be seen from the photos, the plants arrived in excellent condition, and every one of them is still thriving! I would highly recommend The Succulent Source. The plants are fantastic and their customer service is as well. Should I want more plants for the garden or ever get married (ha!) I will definitely patronize their site! I was quite happy with my first online plant purchase, and it solidified my love for succulents!
  One note: should you purchase from this site, be sure not to open your package in the outdoors, especially if it's windy. There was a plethora of packing peanuts. Strange to see them after getting so used to Amazon's air-bags and crumpled paper. Anyway, I'm still plucking pink peanuts out of the flower beds! I suggest opening them in the garage or kitchen if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment